Here's a sample of 2 completely different perspectives I can have on my day, my circumstances, and my life in general:
- I have a herniated disc in my lower back, a bulging disc in my neck, and scar tissue in my shoulder and if I'm being honest, it really sucks to 38 years (and 364 days) old and be stiff as a board and creak like an old rocking chair.
- I'm seeing so much of myself in my children...and it drives me nuts!
- Why does it have to be cloudy? I'm sick of the rain! Where's the sun?!
- I could go on, but let's not beat a dead horse. (Stupid horse!)
- Lord, thank You that even though it feels like my body is falling apart sometimes, I can still walk, talk, sing, hear, see the beauty in front of me, wrestle with my son, dance with my daughter, and wrap my arms around my beautiful wife! Thank You that I can still exercise and take care of myself.
- I see so much of me in my children, and at the same time, I see so much of You, Lord. I see You growing them and shaping them into these magnificent and unique individuals - like no other person who's ever walked this earth. Give me strength to teach them, disciple them, and love them.
- Lord, somewhere in the world someone is begging for rain. And here I stand, watching it fall from the sky.
- How could I possibly be any more blessed and privileged than I am right now? You provide, protect, strengthen, comfort, and choose to use me. I'll never fully understand why.
What's your perspective?
Do you need a new view of the same scenery?
Remember: The grass isn't greener; those are probably weeds!