January 23, 2008

The Mirror in Me

Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 3 that when we turn to Christ and believe Him that He "lifts the veil" - He frees our minds to understand the truth that the Holy Spirit is constantly trying to convey to us and He begins to cause us to be His reflection.

Oswald Chambers says in My Utmost For His Highest that "You always know when a man has been beholding the glory of the Lord, you feel in your inner spirit that he is the mirror of the Lord's own character." That is deep and far-reaching, but at the same time I read this and know what he's talking about. It's like the times in my life when I've been around Louie Giglio for just brief moments. There is something inside you that says, "This guy has been hanging out with Jesus". You don't want to walk away from that.

That's what I want. There are so many other things that my flesh spends time and energy trying to convince me I want, but those things don't even come close. I want to reflect Jesus Christ. Period. I want to pursue Him in such a way that the scars and marks from the journey are burned into my face. I want there to be no question as to who holds my heart and where my loyalty lies. This requires slowing down. This takes discernment.
Above all, it's takes prayer.

May Jesus Christ always be the mirror in me that exposes people to who He really is. If that is not my desire, I'm chasing the wind.
Good luck with that one!

No comments: