A year ago, our Youth Pastor, Josh Britt and I began talking more in-depth about this calling for our church. And Josh began filling in some of the details I referenced a moment ago. While I knew WHAT the Lord had ultimately called us to do, he was hearing from the Lord on HOW it would unfold. And over the last 2 months all our talking and praying began to gain serious traction. Josh (and his wife, Michelle) started seeing the Lord answer and affirm one question or uncertainty after another. It's truly been awesome to watch as God has made His calling clear to Josh and Michelle: the Lord is calling them to step out in faith and plant a church. We are so incredibly excited about what's ahead!
While many details are still being prayed over and discerned, there are some important things we do know:
- Josh and Michelle will serve through February 2012, with Sunday, March 4th being their last official day at The Brook.
- While our campus is located in the far NW corner of Madison, Josh has sensed a very specific leading to plant a church in far South Madison off of Zierdt Road - a 5 mile stretch with ONE church. And that's in the Bible Belt!
- Friday night, February 10th, we will be hosting a Vision & Prayer gathering where Josh will be sharing several ways people can consider partnering with them in prayer, financially, or even in stepping out in faith and being part of this new work.
We are incredibly excited to continue to share more with you as the Lord continues to allow His plans and direction to unfold over the next weeks and months to come. We would covet and appreciate your prayers in a few specific areas:
- For the Britts - that the Lord would continue to unleash His vision, wisdom, guidance, and provision on Josh, Michelle, and their boys during this season (&) that the Lord would surround them with the core of people He is calling to step out in faith with them.
- For The Brook - as we not only walk with Josh and Michelle, partnering with them to plant the Gospel in our city and community, but also as we will soon begin the process of searching for the person God has planned to join our team to passionately reach, lead and disciple students.
"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? and how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'" (Romans 10:14-15) Our prayer is that we are always fertile soil - that our lives are constantly ready - to plant the Gospel - to bring His Kingdom - everywhere we go!