December 23, 2011

Top Posts of 2011 (Part 2)

This is Part 2 in my Top Posts of 2011. Here's Part 1: Are We Really Born This Way

While yesterday's post was definitely one of the most polarizing things I wrote all year, the subject of this next post has the same affect. In the classic (underrated & overlooked) movie "What About Bob", Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) makes the profound observation to his therapist, Dr. Leo Marvin, "There are two kinds of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't". [I believe there is scientific data to back that up, by the way.] In the current culture - in a generation of Prosperity Gospel TV preachers - there is one name and personality that has risen above all others: Joel Osteen. Inside the Church and out, most are not indifferent to Joel. His theology - or lack of - is either appealing or repelling. Sadly, with most, it isn't a matter of whether or not you "like" Joel Osteen. That's why I want to be clear, I LOVE Joel Osteen. Here's my explanation: I Love Joel Osteen

No comments: