December 22, 2011

Top Posts of 2011

As the end of the year is rapidly approaching, I've been looking back through my blog from the last 12 months. Over the next week I'm going to re-post the posts from this year that were either most viewed or stirred up the most conversation. If you're new to the blog, I hope these posts give you a good taste not only of WHAT I write about, but more importantly, WHY I write. If you've been reading my ranting for some time now, I hope these posts revitalize and refresh your heart. I believe as a Christian, all of life is viewed through the lens of the Kingdom of God. His Kingdom isn't something in the future - it's NOW! And as a follower of Jesus Christ, the calling on my life is to advance His Kingdom - to see it unfolding and being fulfilled in my life. In Luke 17:20-21, Jesus told His disciples, "The Kingdom of God isn't coming with signs to be observed, nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold...the Kingdom of God is IN YOU now!" Wherever we go - whatever we do - we have the opportunity to "Bring the Kingdom". That's what inspires me. That's WHY I write this blog.

Unbeknownst to me, at almost the exact same time I was writing this first post, Lady Gaga was releasing a song with almost the exact same name. Had I known this I might have re-titled the article, which is why I'm glad I didn't know. It created quite a bit of traffic I might not have seen otherwise. And it bloated my Inbox as well.

Here's the first post: "Are We Really Born This Way"

No comments: