August 28, 2009

Much-Needed Therapy

I headed out of town Wednesday for a "study break" of sorts. A friend of a friend allowed us to use their lake house as a retreat. The last 2 days have been filled with productive times of prayer, study, planning, unwinding, and even just sitting aimlessly. Maybe the most therapeutic part of the experience was being forced to disconnect. I made a conscientious decision to stay off Twitter & Facebook for at least a day (I decided on a day & a half) and we had no internet connection where we were. I never thought I'd say this, but it was glorious! We'd only been there about 3-4 hours and I said to Josh (Britt) as we were sitting on the dock, "I haven't been this relaxed in months!" I'm quite grateful to my family, my friends, our church & staff for allowing us to take this timeout!

Looking forward to sharing much of what we learned & experienced in the days to come.

No comments: