February 3, 2008

A Much Needed Reminder

I feel very blessed. I just got through having lunch with some friends who helped me gain some fresh perspective. Every once-in-awhile life can start to feel like Groundhog Day - like you're re-living the same thing over and over. And ministry is like this only intensified about 10 times. You just start wondering, "Is this really working? Is this really making a difference? Is any of this getting through?"

Thank you to my friends who very honestly and openly gave me their opinions, insights and encouragement. And even for just listening. Sometimes you just need a sounding board - like you need to hear yourself saying something just to realize, "Maybe I don't actually believe that" or to remind yourself of why you started doing this in the first place.

For me, it all comes back to a couple of things. God has called me to preach His Word - to communicate His truth - specifically to this generation. And God has called me to build relationships. As I was reminded today, when the relationship is neglected or forsaken the truth seems to get lost. God loves people. Relationships are of eternal importance.

Again, thank you to my friends (new & old) who probably don't realize that the 2 hours they spent around a table at lunch today truly blessed my life.

No comments: