December 18, 2007

Loyalty

So that I don't make any presumptions, if you've never studied and read through My Utmost For His Highest you need to get a copy NOW. Oswald Chambers shares some of the deepest, yet most foundational insights into scripture that I've ever read. You simply must go through this treasured book.

As I'm reading today he's touching on Romans 8:28. He begins talking about how we inadvertently become loyal to the work and the service and to all the things that we claim to be doing for God...and at the same time lose our loyalty to the person of Jesus Christ. We love the Godly things we're committed to but they often distract us from the One to whom we should be most loyal.

Chambers makes the statement that "The idea is not that we do work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us...."

So, am I loyal to Him...or to all the stuff I claim to be doing for Him?
We must ask & answer this question prayerfully.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose."

No comments: