April 8, 2009

What's Most Important.

When Easter approaches we naturally find ourselves gravitating toward the Gospel accounts of the crucifixion and resurrection. I highly recommend all of us spending time meditating on these words of life-changing truth. There is no greater story or event in the history of the world!

That said, I also recommend that you spend time wading through other reflections of the work & power of what was done on the Cross and as Jesus conquered sin & death and rose from the grave. Dead. Then, NOT dead!

In his first letter to the Corinthians (chp. 15), Paul reminds them that he passed on to them "what was most important - that Christ died for our sins...was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, as the Scriptures said." In refusing to be presumptuous, and out of a desire to make sure that we're not missing the obvious, do you understand that this truth stated by Paul is what was, what is, and what will always be MOST IMPORTANT? If you miss this...you've missed everything!

And I also exhort you, as you humbly and intimately reflect this Friday on the passion of the Lord - and as you think on everything He suffered, sustained, and tolerated for your sin - don't forget that while the Cross conquered death...the resurrection gives us LIFE! You are not only forgiven, you are set free to LIVE! With this in mind I wonder - do I often keep living for the things that Christ died? He gave me life, but am I really living it? Am I living free? Am I living for His heart? Or am I going back to things that He purchased my freedom from?

"...if we have hope in Christ only for this life, we are the most miserable people in the world. But the fact is that Christ has been raised from the dead."

"God has purchased our freedom with his blood and has covered all our sins."

"I have come that you might have life to the fullest."

"God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin so that we could be made right with God through Christ."

Christ died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again.
This is what's most important!

1 comment:

Christie said...

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!