September 17, 2008

One of THOSE Days!

Let me just be blunt - not for your benefit, but for my own therapeutic longing. This was one of those days. Actually, it's just one in a long line of many, but it happens to be the one at the end of the long line where finally something on your insides just finally says, "I've had enough of this!" Maybe it's what you refer to as the "end of my rope". That sounds a little drastic - a little too final - for me, but to the point nonetheless. 

I don't know how to rub shoulders with this infectious, unenthusiastic, hum-drum, middle of the road, 10 minutes behind, irresponsible, spectator, "whatever" attitude that seems to be permeating and penetrating so many people on the planet. And that's a problem because many people on the planet who happen to be near me are eating from the "whatever" menu and super-sizing their meal. I don't want to look at that meal, smell that food, or even sit in that restaurant. Check please!

I know that sometimes we just have "those days" and there are times when more than one person "drops the ball" at a time - welcome to life! But when those days just keep pelting you like rain in the face you eventually want to close your eyes and scream, "CALGON, take me away!" Yeah, right. Like I really ever wanted to scream that. Bath soap is NOT going to help me at this point. 
"SERENITY NOW!" Nope. Didn't help either. If you're waiting for me to get to the big spiritual point please stop reading now because I am seriously doing nothing more than venting my frustrations to a MacBook. I don't WANT spiritual insight - I want things to go right and people to step up to the plate and care and start looking outside the circle of "ME" and things like that. Am I crazy? Don't answer that.

At the end of the day - the one at the end of the long line of days where it really does feel like the "end of the rope" - I have a few things to cling to, rest on, and to find peace and comfort in. They are as follows:
Philippians 4:6-7
Jeremiah 29:11-13
Matthew 11:28-30

Good night.

No comments: